Lead Credit Risk Analyst Job
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Job ID: 18676
Location: Columbus,OH, US
Line of Business:Alliance Data
About the Opportunity
The Credit Risk Underwriting and Account Management function is responsible for facilitating profitable growth or the CoBrand credit card product, by approving profitable applicants and ensuring they have the appropriate available credit, while adhering to the contractual guidelines and parameters.
The Lead Credit Risk Analyst will be responsible for strategic credit risk management and analysis in support of the Retail line of business. The successful candidate will be able to provide analytic rigor to profitability and retail credit trends with the purpose of evaluating and controlling credit risk.
Location: Easton or Wilmington
* Proactively monitors risk performance of Alliance Data’s CoBrand credit card (bank card) portfolio
* Effectively manages the workload to ensure required analyses such as score cut-offs, profitability, bad debt losses, and general portfolio dynamics are completed as scheduled
* Creates and presents recommendations for policy or procedure changes to management, and works with internal partners to implement approved changes
* Manages the analysis of portfolio trends and reacts appropriately to changes in performance
* Seeks out opportunities to challenge current processes and works to develop and implement new methods for managing credit risk
* Participates in meetings with internal and external partners to help drive strategic growth
* Effectively manages a team of credit risk analysts for our CoBrand risk function and guides the development of their technical and analytic skills
* Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Accounting, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, and/or Business or any related degree
* Minimum of 5 years of credit risk and analysis experience
* Minimum of 1 year managerial/supervisory experience
* Proven experience performing risk analysis on credit card portfolios, specifically CoBrand credit cards with an understanding of how to drive profit for a portfolio
* Knowledge of SAS and/or SQL programming languages
* Excellent analytic and quantitative skills
* Displays excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time
* Ability to creatively solve problems with innovative solutions
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon succesful completion of credit and background checks.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit our website at www.alliancedata.com/pages/careers and submit an online application.
About Our Team
Let's face it; it's a brand loyal world we're living in, which is why Alliance Data Retail Services offers integrated private label and co-brand credit card programs enhanced by integrated marketing services. We manage over 90 credit programs for America's most recognized retailers, helping them sell more and improve customer loyalty.
Alliance Data® (NYSE: ADS) and its combined businesses is North America’s largest and most comprehensive provider of transaction-based, data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions serving large, consumer-based industries. The Company creates and deploys customized solutions, enhancing the critical customer marketing experience; the result is measurably changing consumer behavior while driving business growth and profitability for some of today’s most recognizable brands. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and other emerging technologies. Headquartered in Dallas, Alliance Data and its three businesses employ approximately 11,000 associates at more than 70 locations worldwide.
Alliance Data consists of three businesses: Alliance Data Retail Services, a leading provider of marketing-driven credit solutions; Epsilon®, a leading provider of multichannel, data-driven technologies and marketing services; and LoyaltyOne®, which owns and operates the AIR MILES® Reward Program, Canada’s premier coalition loyalty program. For more information about the company, visit our web site, www.alliancedata.com, or follow us on Twitter via @AllianceData.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segments: Underwriter, Credit, Risk Management, Credit Analyst, Engineer, Insurance, Finance, Engineering