Lead Forecast Analyst Job
Date: May 21, 2013
Location: Columbus, OH, US
Job ID: 15202
Location: Columbus,OH, US
Line of Business:Alliance Data
General Statement of Duties:
The Lead Loss Forecast Analyst is responsible for the budgeting and forecasting of credit losses for ~ $4B of managed accounts receivable and $100MM of credit loss recoveries. Responsibilities will include developing and maintaining multiple models to be used in the forecasting process with a focus on continual improvement to improve the long range accuracy of these models. The Lead Loss Forecast Analyst will also monitor performance of assigned portfolios and perform analysis of the drivers of variances to budgets and forecasts. On a recurring basis, the Lead will prepare and present summary analyses of the trends of credit loss performance and communicate these analyses to all levels of management within the Retail line of business. Additional responsibilities may include the supervision of a Business Operations Analyst
Responsibilities/Examples of Duties:
* Develop, maintain and continually improve credit loss, recovery, fraud, and volume forecast models.
* Provide summarized findings of variances to plan/budget as well as the drivers of current and future trends in credit loss performance to all stakeholder
* Monitor performance frequently and perform variant analysis of key variables of credit loss performance.
* Responsible for helping analysts develop their analytical skills
* Meet regularly with marketing, pricing, risk management, and collection strategy to understand the potential impacts of new business or policy changes on credit losses.
* Bachelors degree in finance or statistics
* 3 to 5 years minimum experience in credit loss forecasting and/ or credit risk analysis
* 6 months supervisory experience
* Must be able to lead and coordinate projects
* Ability to supervise at least one other person
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, Word, Excel and Power Point
Experience with Essbase or OLAP databases
Compensation and Benefits
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon succesful completion of credit and background checks.
About Our Team
Let's face it; it's a brand loyal world we're living in, which is why Alliance Data Retail Services offers integrated private label and co-brand credit card programs enhanced by integrated marketing services. We manage over 90 credit programs for America's most recognized retailers, helping them sell more and improve customer loyalty.
Alliance Data® and its combined businesses (including Epsilon® and LoyaltyOne®) is North America’s largest and most comprehensive provider of transaction-based, data-driven marketing and loyalty solutions, driving business growth and profitability for some of today’s most recognizable brands, such as HSN, J. Crew, The Buckle, and Eddie Bauer, among others. Alliance Data helps its clients create and increase customer loyalty through marketing-driven solutions that engage millions of customers each day across multiple touch points using traditional, digital, mobile and other emerging technologies. Headquartered in Dallas, Alliance Data is a stable, rapidly growing company that employs nearly 9,000 associates at more than 50 locations worldwide. To learn more about us, visit http://www.alliancedata.com/, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/AllianceDataor on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AllianceData.
Nearest Major Market: Columbus
Nearest Secondary Market: Dublin
Job Segments: Part Time, Accounts Receivable, Risk Management, Finance