Database Developer, Senior Job
Date: Jul 6, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Company: Alliance Data
- Collaborate with developers, project managers and business analysts in conceptualizing and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements and User Stories, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, providing time estimates for programming tasks and implementation plans and schedules.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Prepare and dispense work assignments, provide guidance, and/or review the work of local and offshore development team members.
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies
- Maintain a current awareness of technological developments and trends as it relates to databases, development methodologies and tools.
- Responsible for developing estimates on related project work.
- Ability to work with developers, project managers, business analysts, account managers, architects and/or technical leads to achieve business and functional requirements. Ability to work with front end design team and/or tech lead to achieve functional requirements.
- Cooperate with the Quality Assurance team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results; assist Quality Assurance team in maintaining the integrity and security of the quality assurance environment.
- Implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Oracle-based solutions.
- Work with business users to analyze and recommend business process flow improvements.
- Prepare design documents and technical specs explaining and motivating the approaches to be taken in the deployment of systems.
- Deliver high-quality solutions to business owners to ensure alignment of technical solution with business objectives
- (Senior software engineer) - Lead a small team of developers through the development process.
- Document and share knowledge with larger development team.
- Work in a team environment.
- Clearly communicate problem/resolution process to project management
- Experience designing and developing substantial database applications (ERP, CRM, etc.) on large Oracle databases (preferably over 1TB).
- Recent development experience in Oracle PL/SQL is a must have, with good software methodology/practices. Good working knowledge of SQL Server preferred.
- Experience in performance tuning, application monitoring and support of production applications.
- Experience working with offshore teams preferred.
- Experience writing technical specifications for work to be performed by other developers.
- 3+ (SWE) or 7+ (Sr. SWE) years of overall IT/software development experience
- 2+ (SWE) or 5+ (Sr. SWE) years of recent and relevant experience as an Oracle developer or software engineer working on large-scale apps (ERP, CRM, etc.) in an Oracle 10g or 11g environment.
- Development experience in Unix Korn shell scripting.
- Experience in automotive marketing and/or CRM applications preferred.
- Awareness of Microsoft Team Foundation Server or other source control solutions preferred.
- Java experience helpful but not required.
- Informatica experience helpful but not required.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Epsilon Pay Statement
Alliance Data offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive selection of benefit options including 401(k).
Epsilon is the industry's leading marketing services firm, with a broad array of data-driven, multichannel marketing solutions that leverage consumer insight to help brands deepen their relationships with customers. Services include strategic consulting, acquisition and customer database technologies, loyalty management, proprietary data, predictive modeling and a full range of direct and digital agency services, including creative, interactive web design, email deployment, search engine optimization and direct mail production. In addition, Epsilon is the world's largest permission-based email marketer. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit http://www.epsilon.com or call 1.800.309.0505.
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 2014-07-21
Req ID: 0061256
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: QA, Web Design, Quality, Research, Creative