Lead Database Developer Job
Date: Feb 27, 2015
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Company: Alliance Data
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Define software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, providing time estimates for programming tasks and implementation plans.
- Identifies appropriate risk and develops mitigation plan.
- Perform definition, development, and documentation of software’s objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Develop technical documentation to define the system components, development environment and implementation planning/strategies
- Prepare and dispense work assignments, provide guidance, and/or review the work of other team members.
- Collaborate with UI design team to achieve functional requirements and QA team to define test cases, metrics, and resolve questions about test results.
- Support organizational strategies, and provides organizational improvement.
- Recommend business process flow improvements and clearly communicate problem/resolution process to project management.
- Supports organization’s processes and procedures and can implement a new product or major modification/improvement independently from start to finish.
- Researches market to identify and upcoming technology to implement within the company.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Ability to design and implement solutions that are reliable, scalable, and perform at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Oracle-based solutions.
- Strong knowledge of database architecture and best practices for Oracle SQL and PL/SQL coding style and application tuning.
- Strong experience with ER, logical and physical modeling of OLTP databases.
- Excellent in impact-analysis and root cause analysis.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with ability to anticipate and avoid problems.
- Ability to define and implement migration strategies from legacy systems to new architecture and technologies.
- Ability to work well within a team environment that includes offshore teams.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate with internal and external customers and all levels of management, including communicating technical information to nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to design and build flexible and extensible systems with focus on code reuse and generation.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Science (CS), Software Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Experience designing and developing complex enterprise applications (ERP, CRM, etc.) on large Oracle databases using SDLC methodologies (agile, waterfall).
- Experience in performance tuning, application monitoring and support of production applications with distributed teams.
- Experience with writing detailed technical specifications for developers; design, validate and execute software test plans.
- 8+ years of overall IT/software development experience.
- 6+ years of recent experience as an Oracle developer with at least 3 years of Lead Developer experience.
- Strong development experience with Oracle PL/SQL: construction of packages, triggers and PL/SQL blocks and Unix Korn shell scripting.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and experience in automotive marketing and/or CRM applications preferred.
- Experience with MS Project, TFS and Java preferred.
Conditions of Employment
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background checks.
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career. From tuition reimbursement to scholarship programs to employee stock purchase plans and 401(k)s, we offer associates a variety of benefits that work as hard for them as they work for us.
Epsilon is the global leader in creating connections between people and brands. An all-encompassing global marketing company, we harness the power of rich data, groundbreaking technologies, engaging creative and transformative ideas to get the results our clients require. Recognized by Ad Age as the #1 World CRM/Direct Marketing Network and #1 U.S. Agency from All Disciplines, Epsilon employs over 7,000 associates in more than 70 offices worldwide. Epsilon is an Alliance Data company. For more information, visit www.epsilon.com, follow us on Twitter @EpsilonMktg or call 1.800.309.0505.
Alliance Data is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Alliance Data participates in E-Verify
Location: San Diego, CA, US
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 2015-01-29
Req ID: 0067267
Nearest Major Market: San Diego
Job Segment: Database, Developer, Oracle, Engineer, ERP, Technology, Engineering