Associate Director, Retail Strategy and Consulting Job
Date: Apr 22, 2014
Location Toronto, ON, Canada
Company: Alliance Data
About the Opportunity
Precima Inc is an advanced analytics firm that translates retail customer data into critical insights to better align marketing, merchandising and operations strategies with shopper needs. The company is a leader in the development and execution of customer-centric retail strategies.
For more than 15 years, Precima has helped retail and vendor partners leverage item-level data to increase sales and profitability by better meeting the needs of customers. With a large network of diverse talent, Precima offers businesses unmatched capabilities and expertise.
Under the direction of the GM, Client Services, the objective of this role is to act as the primary lead for managing Precima's client relationships with Tier 1 retail clients and is accountable for the project management and delivery of Precima's suite of products and services to participating clients.
- Effectively integrating Precima's products and services with client. Specific products/services include managing delivery of Precima reporting & insight suite, ad hoc and strategic consulting and analytical projects and marketing initiatives.
- Managing the delivery of Precima's products/services to participating retailers to deliver results (meeting retailer strategic and financial objectives) and delivery high satisfaction (on time, on budget)
- Proving value of Precima's products/services to secure future renewals and expansion of products and services
Developing new products & services to grow Precima's revenue base and to support future business development efforts via thought leadership (case studies, thought-leadership)
Intergrate products and services to client:
- This role leads the integration effort of Precima's products and services at the client (senior director to C-level contacts)- specific products/services include managing delivery of Precima reporting & insight suite, ad hoc and strategic consulting and analytical projects and marketing initiatives
- Key activities include: on-going project management and prioritization of project pipeline
- Lead and coordinate team activities to translate client direction and methodology to technical leads for execution
- Develop and present findings back to business stakeholders
- Manage development, prioritization, and integration of transition from ad-hoc projects into on-going Precima production deliverables.
Manage deliverables of Precima Products/Services:
- Develop a detail annual/quarterly strategic plan designed to meet client objectives and deliver contracted Precima products and services on schedule
- Develop action plans and reviews for quarterly besiness reviews and renewal discussion with senior stakeholders Develop detailed road-map and project plan for client and present to and gain alignment from clients as well as internal cross-functional teams
- Manage and coordinate Precima's deliverables to client by acting as primary liason and project manager to internal retail analytics teams (including Director Analytics, Statisticians, Managers of Analysis and Analysts/Senior Analysts) to meet project plan deliverables
- Jointly develop, in collaboration with retail analytics teams, the summarization of insights and recommendations from analysis to client
- Primary lead for development of presentations and strategic recommendations to client and shared accountability of presenting insights and strategic recommendations
- Primary accountability for leading implementation of approved tactics/plans for client:
- Lead implementation of merchandising tactics including price, promotion and assortment in key categories
- Support measurement of tactics for retailer - and primary accountability for measuring results of initiatives vs. expectations and for overall client satisfaction and renewal.
Develop Precima's Products & Services for retailers:
- Leverage client results and relationships to identify key additonal needs and how Precima can develop new products/services or enhance existing products and services to better meet client needs and drive incremental revenue for Precima
- Support development of new products and services by primary accountability to identify client objectives/needs and lead requirements - and then coordinating with capability development and consulting and analytical teams to build new products and services
- Work with Precima senior management team to determine positioning and pricing of new products and services.
Provide Thought-Leadership to support business development:
- Develop 5 to 10 case studies annually demonstrating value of Precima's products and services to client in support of Precima business development and B2B marketing and PR
- Participate in industry events including speaking at key conferences, publishing articles and white papers, and webinars
- Responsible to support competitive analysis of Precima vs. competitors in terms of meeting brand needs and positioning in the market
- Primary responsibility for securing client participation through sale of Precima products and services for client including sale of reporting suite, ad hoc and strategic analytics and targeted marketing initiatives
- Primary accountability for senior-level client relationships - typically at Director-level (Director Marketing, Director Insights) within clients and responsibility for developing annual/quarterly strategic plans and measuring progress against deliverables and for overall client satisfaction and client revenue.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of client relationships toward planning and exeuction of deliverables and measurement/interpration of results - typically category Managers, Senior category Managers, Manager Insights, through to weekly updates with senior stakeholders at E and C levels
- Typical work invovles presenting recommendations and securing alignment to plans.
- Support presentations to senior executives of both retail clients (Typically VP Marketing or SVP Marketing and VP Insights) and Retailers (SVP Marketing, VP Marketing, EVP CRM) - and responsible for development of presentations/recommendations for review with senior internal team.
- MBA preferred
- 6-8 directly related work experience in the customer analytics or consulting industry with a focus high frequency retail (preferably with client management focus or within sales or both), with experience in shopper insights and shopper marketing/CRM and shopper-centric strategy & analytics (using consumer data from loyalty programs to inform marketing/merchandising decisions - preferably in a sales, business development or client services role.
- Strong industry knowledge within customer-centricity within retail
- Strong project management skills - balancing concurrent projects
- C-level Management exposure and servicing (interaction with retail customers - having worked directly with retailers in one or more of the following roles: Brand Manager, Shopper Insights Manager, Manager Consumer Insights, Business Development Manager, Customer/Category Manager; OR extensive experience in a consulting/services role to retailers on the analytics or category management side - e.g., Manager or Director Insights with Nielsen or IRI
- Direct experience in leveraging consumer data and insights in support of client objectives -ideally with experience in leveraging retailer transaction data combined with brand/consumer data
- Experience in collaboration between retailer and manufacturer and how to align objectives in either marketing/CRM or merchandising/category management
- Experience in business development (consultative selling) and client relationship management - preferably in a consultative relationship setting
- Proven logical/analytical skills and creativity in addresses business issues with innovative solutions.
LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including the AIR MILES Reward Program, that each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 5 consecutive years (including 2014), LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Job: Client Services
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 2014-02-21
Req ID: 0060376
Job Segment: Consultant, Consulting, Manager, Contract, Management, Retail, Technology