Statistician (Manager) Precima Job
Date: Nov 13, 2014
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Company: Alliance Data
LoyaltyOne is a subsidiary of Alliance Data Services headquartered in Dallas, Texas. LoyaltyOne works with more than 100 of North America's leading brands in the retail, financial services, grocery, petroleum retail, and travel and hospitality industries to profitably change customer behavior. Through a team of businesses, including Precima and the AIR MILES Reward Program, each specialize in a loyalty discipline, LoyaltyOne designs, delivers and manages a suite of loyalty marketing services focused on consumer data, customer-centric retail strategies, direct-to-consumer marketing, loyalty consulting and more.
Furthermore, for the last 5 consecutive years (including 2014), LoyaltyOne was recognized by Hewitt Associates as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada, demonstrating LoyaltyOne's continued commitment to providing a great work experience for its associates and a great service experience for its clients.
Precima applies shopper insights derived from advanced analytics to help retailers and manufacturers drive sales growth and boost profitability. Using comprehensive fact bases of purchase data, Precima's experts help you improve your marketing and merchandising, identify opportunities for growth and align both internal teams and external partners to best meet shoppers' needs.
Precima tailors the scope and pace of its solutions to the unique priorities of each client. The overall goal is to achieve not just tactical wins but long-term strategic gains, encouraging retailers to broaden the marketing agenda and fully explore the potential of sophisticated shopper insights.
Precima's roster of past and current clients includes many leading Fortune 1000 brands, among them some of the top high-frequency retailers in North America. Backed by firsthand experience with leading retail and manufacturing organizations, the Precima team brings a remarkable blend of expertise in loyalty, analytics, marketing and management to help you make more informed and profitable business decisions.
- This role is within the Precima team
- This position is located in Toronto, Canada
About the Opportunity
The Statistician will provide thought leadership and best practice approaches to support client projects in the area of advanced statistical and mathematical modeling. The person will be accessing/extracting , analyzing and interpreting customer and POS transactional data on behalf of Precima clients to build advanced predictive models leveraging statistics and mathematics to support business objectives such as merchandising optimization, marketing strategy development and execution, category management plans and ad hoc strategic and tactical client issues.
This role, reporting to the Associate Director, Consulting & Analytical Services, is an integral part of the Client Analytical Team. This person will leverage expert capabilities in segmentation, optimization and statistical modeling to identify the appropriate analytical approach for a given client issue and build the solution with direction on implementation.
Responsible for delivering advanced analytical solution that is:
Articulated in detailed steps that are tracked and meets timelines
Statistically sound to support merchandising optimization
Differentiated solution beyond client’s current capabilities
Prioritized solution with measurement of accuracy/confidence in recommendations
Summarizing insights and incorporating into strategic recommendations to clients including detailed analyses, presentations and proposals
Clearly articulated to client with roadmap to development of tactics for execution
Incorporating up to date current advancements in merchandising optimization through constant research
Transferable to other clients as part of developing and implementing Precima IP across all clients
Success in this role is key to ensuring that Precima develops new and statistically advanced products and services to meet client needs that can also be case studies for cross-client implementation.
- Developing advanced statistical and mathematical models and segmentations. Provide analytical consulting on best practices and approaches
- Interpret, document and present/communicate analytical results to multiple business disciplines, providing conclusions and recommendations based on customer-centric data. Be an internal expert in advanced capabilities
- Work closely with clients and client teams to develop methodology and implement analysis and technology that enables more profitable product, pricing and promotion decisions in support of partner customer strategies
- Take analytical objectives and define data requirements. Extract, clean, and transform customer and item-level data for purposes of analysis, modeling/segmentation and reporting
- Develop comprehensive testing and measurement programs that quantify and optimize models developed going forward with each successive execution
- Participate in special projects as required
- Accountable to develop best practices/key learning, case studies and team standards - based on advanced models developed, implemented and measured - and to communicate these to broader consulting & analytical services team to develop broader knowledge and Precima's core IP/knowledge capital and improve overall client deliverables
· Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Business, Economics, Math/Statistics, Science degree
· Minimum 6-8 years of related work experience in statistical and mathematical model development, quantitative analysis, interpretation and communication to internal and external stakeholders. Development of models include innovative solutions that leverage very large data sets focused on customer attributes, business attributes and transactional data. The person should have successfully implemented many analytically advanced models in production for clients with benchmark measurements based on outcome. The person will need to have built a wide breadth of statistical/mathematical models that were implemented successfully. Experience in retail and/or CPG is strongly preferred - ideally within merchandising - addressing business issues such as pricing, promotion and assortment and/or one-to-one marketing and/or loyalty
· Minimum two years of management experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Job: Client Services
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting: 2014-11-12
Req ID: 0060769
Job Segment: Statistics, Merchandising, Consulting, Developer, HR, Data, Retail, Technology, Human Resources